The ApoE Genetic Test for Alzheimer’s Risk will tell you which version of the ApoE gene you have.
The test is mailed to you, performed by yourself at home, and then mailed in pre-paid packaging to a laboratory. Results are returned to you in two weeks by electronic mail. Privacy and confidentiality of the test results are of utmost importance to The Alzheimer's Organization. Results are never shared with or disclosed to any third party organizations.
Alzheimer’s Organization technicians will answer any questions you may have during the test or after, when you are reviewing your results.
ApoE Genetic Test for Alzheimer's Risk
1. Test Instructions
2. Three (3) cotton-tipped swabs (used for swabbing the inner cheek)
3. Educational Information
3a. How Genetic Testing Works
3b. Information about ApoE
4. Pre-Paid Fedex Return Envelope
1. The Test Kit is mailed to your address.
2. You administer the test by rubbing three cotton-tipped cheek swabs on your inner cheek.
3. You replace the cotton swabs back in the test kit.You mail the test kit in a pre-paid, pre-addressed envelope to our laboratory.
4. After approximately two weeks you will receive your ApoE status and explanation via electronic mail.
5. Testing includes unlimited online consultations with our trained technicians whom can answer any questions you may have along the way and can explain your results and what they mean for you.